1. Connect the dongle to Home Assistant through ZHA integration
There are two ways to use the dongle https://itead.cc/product/sonoff-zigbee-3-0-usb-dongle-plus/ to manage your Zigbee devices: ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT. Here I will introduce ZHA, which is simpler in configuration.
A Raspberry Pi with Home Assistant installed. Connect your computer to the same Wi-Fi as the Raspberry Pi and enter the following URL into your browser to open the HA page.
If you have not yet successfully installed Home Assistant, please find the relevant tutorials on the Internet to complete the installation and I will not repeat them here.
- Insert the dongle and add ZHA Integration
2. Select the corresponding port
3. Select the fourth access method
4. Data flow control is not selected by default, just click next
The dongle is pre-flashed with the official Zigbee 3.0 coordinator firmware, which does not support software flow control. The dongle supports hardware flow control, if you want to enable it, please set the dip switch to on, and generate the firmware that supports hardware flow control before running, see the following document for details on how to generate the corresponding firmware.
5. Add successfully
6. Add sub-devices to the gateway dongle
7. Make the sub-devices enter the pairing mode, and you can control it after adding successfully
2. Firmware Flashing
The Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus https://itead.cc/product/sonoff-zigbee-3-0-usb-dongle-plus/ comes pre-flashed with the 3.x.0 Z-Stack coordinator firmware, but if you would like to update, change to router firmware and add to the dongle or generate the firmware that supports hardware flow control, please read the following document.