Your comprehensive guide to control SONOFF smart devices on your Apple Watch and even through Siri.
The Apple Watch undoubtedly does an excellent job in tracking health, fitness, sending quick messages and calling, it can do more just than from the last article, that is it can be used to control smart devices. In the last article, you have known that you can put your Apple Watch through its paces with smart home technology. You may find there is full of hidden crevices and nooks in that article where you get an understanding of some accessible features for SONOFF devices on the Apple Watch, but no a detailed instruction to direct you to set up them on your Apple Watch step by step. So, the following guide will involve a detailed instruction that enables you easily complete the entire setup for controlling a single smart home device, smart scene, a group of smart home devices and invoking Siri shortcut voice control, then one thing you need to do is to start your smart home control journey on your Apple Watch.
Before starting to set up, please update your eWeLink app to V4.9.0 or later and Apple Watch to V4.0 or later.
How to control a single device on the Apple Watch?
1. Install eWeLink app on your Apple Watch. To make the Apple Watch appear in the eWeLink app, be sure you logged in to the same iCloud account on your Apple Watch and iPhone.
2. Access eWeLink app, go to “profile” and select “Apple Watch”.
3. Tap “Smart devices”, then you will see all the online SONOFF devices under your eWeLink account appear in “Not in watch” item.
4. To control the device on your watch, you need to move it from “Not in watch” to “In watch”. Here you go to “Setting” in the top right corner, tap the “+” icon on the device that you want to add and save, then the device has been added on your Apple Watch. (To remove the device on your Apple Watch, you may move it to “Not in watch” from “In watch” according to this step.)
5. Now, you can control SONOFF on your Apple Watch.
Note: Only SONOFF single gang smart devices are available to control on the Apple Watch so far.
How to set smart scenes to trigger on the Apple Watch?
1. Go to “Scene” in the eWeLink app.
2. Tap “Add” to create the triggers and actions. In the trigger, only “Tap to perform” is supported to add and all actions are supported to add in the action.
3. After setting the smart scene, go to “Profile” and “Setting” in the top right corner.
4. Tap the “+” icon on the smart scene that you have created to move it to “In watch”, then the smart scene has been added on your Apple Watch.
5. Now, you can tap on your Apple Watch to trigger the smart scene.
How to create group control on the Apple Watch?
1. Access the eWeLink homepage and tap the device that you want to group.
2. Tap the “ …” icon in the top right corner, find “Create group”.
3. Select the device that you want to group, then name the group and save.
4. After creating the group, go to “Profile” and “Setting” in the top right corner.
5. Tap the “+” icon on the group that you have created to move it to “In watch”, then the group has been added on your Apple Watch.
6. Now, you can tap on your Apple Watch to control all devices in the group one time.
How to invoke Siri shortcut on the Apple Watch to voice control?
1. Access the smart scene that you have set and tap “Add to Siri”.
2. Set a particular voice command for the smart scene that you want to control, then proceed to “Add to Siri”.
3. Now, you can control the smart scene using Siri shortcut on your Apple Watch. Just say a voice command and the smart scene will automatically perform.
All the above set up are done, you may view the following display on your Apple Watch. Both the single device and group control are organized in the same interface, which you can turn on and off a group of devices through tapping on your Apple Watch, like controlling a single device. You can scroll left to access smart scenes. To switch among smart scenes, you can scroll up and down to switch among different scenes. As for Siri shortcut to control smart scenes, simply talk to your Apple Watch to reach.