Device Pairing Instruction
Switch the Device into Pairing Mode
After powering on, the device will automatically enter the “Quick Pairing Mode”(Touch) during the first use.
The LED indicator of the device will blink like this:
If the LED indicator blinks in other ways, please press the paring button for 5 seconds to switch the device into “Quick Pairing Mode”(Touch)
1. Press the button once, the device will quit the pairing mode.
2. If the device is not paired, it will quit pairing mode after 3 minutes.
Add the Device in eWeLink
1. Launch eWeLink APP in the mobile phone.
2. Click ”+” icon at the middle bottom of interface.
3. Select “Quick Pairing” for adding device.
4. Choose the WiFi network that the device will connect with.
User Tips: Before choosing the WiFi network, location services should be turned on and location permission should be allowed.
5. Enter the correct WiFi password and click “Next”.
6. Wait for eWeLink to search for the device.
7. eWeLink finds the device.
8. Name the device and group it.
1. The device only works with 2.4GHz WiFi.
2. If the router is working in dual-band (2.4GHz & 5GHz), please upgrade the eWeLink app to the latest version.
3. The Pairing will fail if a wrong WiFi password is input.
4. The device shall get close to router for a good transmission signal condition while pairing.
1. What’s the working current limit of the load?
2. What’s the working power limit of the load?
3. Can it be connected to a 12V DC load?
No, the output voltage is the same as the input(100-240V AC).
4. Does it work with 5G phones?
Yes. 5G doesn’t mean 5GHz frequency, it’s 5th generation mobile networks.
6. How do you know if your phone is connected to 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz Wifi?
Most android users can check WiFi frequency in system settings. For example, here is how you can do it.
Open setting and tap WLAN
Tap on the WiFi that your phone has connected,you will see the frequency of this WiFi.
If you are an IOS user, download the AirPort Utility app from the App Store and follow the steps below to check the frequency.
Go to system settings and tap the AirPort Utility app, then enabled Wi-Fi Scanner.
Open the AirPort Utility app and tap “Wi-Fi Scan”, then tap “Scan”.
Find the SSID of the WiFi that your phone is connecting and check its channel. If the channel is between 1 and 13, then this WiFi is 2.4Ghz,otherwise it is 5Ghz.
7. Is it reached any waterproof rate?
No, it is not waterproof.
8. How many historical operation records can be saved?
Three months’ records.
9. Does it support LAN control?
Yes. update firmware and eWeLink to the latest version.
10. What function does it support in LAN mode?
Set power-on state;
Set network indicator.
Update current/voltage/power data;
11. Can it work with IFTTT?
12. Can it work with Alexa/Google Assistant?
13. Does it support DIY mode?
14. Can I share it with others?
15. How many users can the device be shared with?
Free:20, Advanced: 100, Pro: No limit.
16. Why does it remind me that the account does not exist when I share the device?
Only accounts registered on the same server can share devices with each other, please confirm the registration country / region.
17. A shared the device with B. Why B can’t receive the notification of the operation from A?
Only the owner of the device can receive the notification. If the device is shared from others, the notification can’t be received.
18. Why can’t I set power-on status / inching / add camera / OPS / scene?
Please check if it is a shared device from other users. The shared device only has on/off and timer functions.
19. Can the timer be set to “seconds”?
No, the minimum unit is “minute”.
20. How many timers can be set?
You can set 28 timers(schedule, timer, loop timer) at the same time, and 16 of which will be activated.
21. How many seconds can I set for “inching”?
0.5-3600 seconds, must be a multiple of 0.5.
22 .Can the timer be executed after the network is disconnected?
You cannot set the timing for the network disconnection, but as long as the power is continuously connected, the already set timing will continue to be executed.
Note: If the network is disconnected for a long time,the deviation of timer will become larger and larger.
23. Can I flash another firmware into the device?
We don’t recommend it. The warranty will be void immediately.
24. Can the device return to the original firmware after I flash another firmware?
25. Can I downgrade the firmware?
26.Where can I download the official firmware?
It’s not for the public.
27. How long is the warranty?
If it’s bought from our official store, it would be one-year warranty for non-human failure.
28. What’s the wiring sequence for POW R2 and RCBO?
RCBO first, then POW R2.
Why my device always fails to pair?
1. Make sure device is in the quick pairing mode, the LED is blinking 3 times and on repeatedly. If not in this mode, please long press the pairing button for 5 seconds to set it to this mode.
2. Make sure your Wi-Fi network runs on 2.4GHz band.
3. Please try Compatible Pairing Mode (AP)
4. Upgrade eWeLink APP to the latest version if you use a dual-band router.
5. Make sure you entered a correct Wi-Fi SSID and password, no special characters contained.
6. The device shall get close to the router for a good transmission signal condition while pairing.
Please check the following problems by the LED indicator status:
The LED indicator blinks once in every 2s means you fail to connect to the router.
1. Maybe you entered a wrong Wi-Fi SSID and password.
2. Make sure that your WiFi SSID and password don’t contain special characters, for example, the Hebrew, Arabic characters, our system can’t recognize these characters and then fail to connect to the WiFi.
3. Maybe your router has a lower carrying capacity.
4. Maybe the WiFi strength is weak. Your router is too far away from your device, or there may be some obstacle between the router and device which block the signal transmission.
5. Be sure that the MAC of the device is not in the black list of your MAC management.
The LED indicator flashes twice on repeated means you fail to connect to the server.
1. Make sure Internet connection is working.You can use your phone or PC to connect to the Internet, and if it fail to access, please check the availability of Internet connection.
2. Please contact your ISP and confirm our server address is not shielded:
cn-disp.coolkit.cc (China Mainland)
as-disp.coolkit.cc (in Asia except China)
eu-disp.coolkit.cc (in EU)
us-disp.coolkit.cc (in US)
If none of the above methods solved this problem, please submit your request via help&feedback on eWeLink APP.
Timer does not be executed
1. Please check the inching function is activated or not, May be the inching function turn off the device, which looks the timer has not been executed. For example, we set an inching duration of 2s, and a schedule to turn on at 8:00 am on one device. In reality, the device will turn on at 8:00 am, and turn off by itself 2s later due to inching is enabled.
2. Make sure the timers you set are enable.
1. The maximum quantities of timers: 28
2. The maximum quantities of activated timers: 16
3. It is not recommended that the device work offline for a long time. If the device has been paired with eWeLink but stayed offline for a long time, it may cause the device restarted issue and the timer will not be executed. thus, keeping the device online and check whether the issue is solved.
Why my mobile phone does not receive the message notification?
1. Check and confirm you enabled “Push notification” on the eWeLink APP.
2. Turn on “Notification” on the “Setting” of your mobile phone — select “eWeLink APP” — enable “Allow notification” and other options.
3. Make sure your device is online.
Why the current/voltage/power information doesn’t change in real-time, but kind of delayed?
The data upload mechanism is to detect the data every 2 seconds. If the change of the current/voltage/power data is greater than the set threshold (current accuracy 0.03A, v0ltage accuracy 5V, power accuracy 2W ), the data display will be refreshed.
Why the Historical electricity consumption getting smaller?
Because the data is saved on the device every 30 minutes. If the device is powered off,the part of the electricity consumption less than 30 minutes will be lost, so the historical electricity consumption will get smaller.