Physical Installation Guide
1. 3M Adhesive for simple use
2. Motion Sensor-BASE for flexible detection
The Motion Sensor-BASE is not included, please purchase it separately
Device Pairing Instruction
1. Add the RF Bridge to eWeLink
1. Make sure you have a SONOFF RF Bridge
2. Launch eWeLink APP in the mobile phone.
3. Click “+” icon at the middle bottom of interface.
4. Select “Quick Pairing” for adding device.
5. Choose “Add one device”.
6. Let the device enter the “Quick Pairing” mode.
1. Connect the device with a Micro USB Cable and power on.
2. If the device is powered on for the first time, the blue WiFi indicator flashes three times (two short and one long) within a cycle (2s), which means the device has entered the “Quick Pairing” mode; if it is not the first time to use the device, You need to use the needle to press and hold the reset button of the device for 5 seconds until the status of the WiFi indicator is the same as described above.
7. Choose the WiFi network that the device will connect with.
Before choosing the WiFi network, location services should be turned on and location permission should be allowed. Location information permission is used to obtain WiFi list information. If you click Disable, you will not be able to add devices.
8. Enter the correct WiFi password and click “Next”.
9. Wait for eWeLink to add the device.
10. Name the device and group it.
1. The device only works with 2.4GHz WiFi.
2. If the router is working in dual-band (2.4GHz & 5GHz), please upgrade the eWeLink app to V4.0.0 or higher.
3. The pairing will fail if a wrong WiFi password is input.
4. The device shall get close to the smart phone for a good transmission signal condition while pairing.
2. Add PIR3-RF as an alarm to RF Bridge
1. Install a CR2450 battery into PIR3-RF.
2. Enter the RF Bridge details page, click to add an alarm, the RF Bridge will emit a beep to indicate that it has entered the learning mode.
3. Trigger PIR3-RF and the red LED light will be on for a second. There are two ways to trigger PIR3-RF:
1. Move in front of it to trigger it.
2. Poke the hole with a needle.
The RF Bridge will beep twice to indicate successful learning.
4. PIR3-RF is added to RF Bridge successfully.
1. How does it get powered?
One CR2450 battery.
2. How long can one battery last?
Normally more than one year.
3. Do I need a RF Bridge when I use it?
Yes, only by adding device through the RF Bridge can the alarm and smart scene be realized.
4. What is the detection angle?
5. What is the detection distance?
Up to 8m .
6. What kind of certification has the PIR3-RF passed?
CE, FCC, RoHS.
7. Can it work with IFTTT?
8. Can it work with Alexa/Google Assistant?
9. Can I share the device with others?
Yes, and you need to share the RF Bridge and its all sub devices with others together.
10. How long can I query the alarm history?
11. How to install it?
Stick with 3M tape which comes with device or with universal joints that needs to be purchased separately.
12. Does it support LAN control?
No, it doesn’t support it currently.
13. How can I know that the battery is running out?
The red light flashes twice every 30s to indicate that the battery is low in power.
14. What is the radio frequency?
15. How to switch modes?
1. The default is the alert mode.
2. Use a needle to press and hold the hole on the device for 5s until the red indicator light is on for 5s, indicating that the device has switched to normal mode.
3. Use a needle to press and hold the hole on the device for 5s until the green indicator light is on for 5s, indicating that the device has been switched to alert mode.
1. Why can’t I receive the alarm message?
1. Ensure that alarm notification is turned on on the RF Bridge settings page.
2. Grant eWelink notification permission.
When eWelink applies for user permissions, it is recommended to grant “Allow” for all, otherwise some functions will not work normally. If it is disabled, please turn on the corresponding permission in the phone settings.
3. Check whether the PIR3-RF is powered.
1. When the PIR3-RF detcets someone moving, the red indicator blinks for one second.
2. When the battery power is low, PIR3-RF will still report the alarm when it detects someone moving, but the red indicator will not be on meanwhile it flashes twice every 30s to indicate that the battery is low in power and needs to be replaced in time.
4. Ensure the distance between RF Bridge and PIR3-RF is within the maximum working distance (30m without any obstacle). The communication distance will be shortened in a blocked environment.
5. Ensure that the RF Bridge is under a good WiFi network and stays online.
2. Why can’t I receive the push notification in time？
1. Please confirm that the phone can receive the push notification at the first point above.
2. If you cannot receive push notifications in time after killing the process, please keep eWelink running in the background.
3. Why does PIR3-RF always be triggered by mistake?
Our products adopt the principle of pyroelectric infrared sensor to detect whether someone moves, which is greatly affected by temperature. In order to reduce false triggering, we suggest that you:
1. In order to prevent false alarm caused by small animal interference, the recommended installation height is 2.0m-2.2m above the ground.
2. Keep away from air conditioner, refrigerator, stove and other temperature sensitive places.
3. No screen, furniture, large bonsai or other isolation objects are allowed within the detection range.
4. Do not face the window directly, otherwise the disturbance of hot air flow outside the window and personnel walking will cause false alarm.
5. Do not install in places with strong airflow.