Device Pairing Instruction
Add the RF Bridge to eWeLink
1. Make sure you have a SONOFF RF Bridge
2. Launch eWeLink APP in the mobile phone.
3. Click “+” icon at the middle bottom of interface.
4. Select “Quick Pairing” for adding device.
5. Choose “Add one device”.
6. Let the device enter the “Quick Pairing” mode.
1. Connect the device with a Micro USB Cable and power on.
2. If the device is powered on for the first time, the blue WiFi indicator flashes three times (two short and one long) within a cycle (2s),
which means the device has entered the “Quick Pairing” mode; if it is not the first time to use the device, You need to use the needle to press
and hold the reset button of the device for 5 seconds until the status of the WiFi indicator is the same as described above.
7. Choose the WiFi network that the device will connect with.
Before choosing the WiFi network, location service should be turned on and location permission should be allowed. Location permission is used to
obtain WiFi list information. If you click Disable, you will not be able to add devices.
8. Enter the correct WiFi password and click “Next”.
9. Wait for eWeLink to add the device.
10. Name the device and group it.
1. The device only works with 2.4GHz WiFi.
2. If the router is working in dual-band (2.4GHz & 5GHz), please upgrade the eWeLink app to V4.0.0 or higher.
3. The pairing will fail if a wrong WiFi password is input.
4. The device shall get close to the smart phone for a good transmission signal condition while pairing.
5. If the pairing is difficult, you can try to add it in a compatible pairing method. The entry of the compatible pairing method is at the
bottom of the “Quick Pairing” page. After finding it, add it according to the instructions of the eWeLink.
Add DW2 as an alarm to RF Bridge
1. Install a 27A 12V battery into DW2-RF.
Please install the battery correctly according to the terminal indicator of “+” and “-” .
2. Enter the RF Bridge details page, click to add an “alarm”, the RF Bridge will emit a beep to indicate that it has entered the learning mode.
3. Close and open the DW2-RF once.
The operation of closing and opening the DW2-RF is to trigger an alarm. The red indicator light of DW2-RF will be flashing for a short while
that indicates the trigger was successful. The RF Bridge will beep twice to indicate successful learning.
4. DW2-RF is added to RF Bridge successfully.
Physical Installation Guide
To install DW2-RF
1. Stick the 3M tape onto both sensor body and magnet part.
2. Peel off the protective layer from the sticker on the sensor.
3. Stick the sensor body onto the door/window frame.
4. Peel off the protective layer from the sticker on the magnet.
5. Stick the magnet onto the moving part of the door/window.
Positioning and working distance of the sensor and magnet:
1. The device only be mounted indoor and away from water and other extreme weather conditions.
2. The maximum working distance between the device and the RF Bridge is no more than 24m without any obstacle.
3. The working distance of closed status between sensor and magnet is no more than 5mm.
4. Before installing the sensor and magnet,the surface of the door/window for device installation must be clean and dry.
Why can’t I receive the alarm message?
1. Ensure that alarm notification is turned on on the RF Bridge settings page.
2. Grant eWelink notification permission.
When eWelink applies for user permissions, it is recommended to grant “Allow” for all, otherwise some functions will not work normally. If it is
disabled, please turn on the corresponding permission in the phone settings.
3. Check whether the DW2-RF is powered
When the DW2-RF is opened, there will be a red indicator blinks for a short while. The indicator of DW2-RF is not working once the battery is
4. Ensure the distance between RF Bridge and DW2-RF is within the maximum working distance (24m without any obstacle). The communication distance
will be shortened in a blocked environment.
5. Ensure that the RF Bridge is under a good WiFi network and stays online.
Why can’t I receive the push notification in time？
1. Please confirm that the phone can receive the push notification at the first point above.
2. If you cannot receive push notifications in time after killing the process, please keep eWelink running in the background.
Why there is no indicator light when my DW2-RF is opened?
1. Check if the battery is reversed. Make sure that the battery is installed correctly according to the terminal indicator of “+” and “-” .
2. Ensure that the battery is in good contact with the device.
3. Replace with new battery.
1. How does it get powered?
One 27A 12V battery.
2. How long can one battery last?
About two years.
3. Do I need a RF Bridge when I use it?
Yes, only by adding device through the RF Bridge can the alarm and smart scene be realized.
4. What is the radio frequency?
5. How to install it?
Stick with 3M tape which comes with device.
6. Why is there no closing warning notification?
According to the communication mechanism of 433 RF , the gateway can not know the status of the sub equipment, so we only design the door opening
7. Can it work with IFTTT?
8. Can it work with Alexa/Google Assistant?
Can I share the device with others?
Yes, and you need to share the RF Bridge and its all sub devices with others together.
10. How long can I query the alarm history?
11. Is it reached any waterproof rate?
No, working indoor is recommended.
12. Does it support LAN control?
No, it doesn’t support it currently.
13. Does it support LAN control?
24m without any obstacle.