Previously, you could only know that Samsung Bixby can be used to check the temperature and humidity of home appliances worked with SONOFF TH10/16 smart switch with a simple voice command, but now you will also have the ability to get more SONOFF device’s features controlled by it.
What is Samsung Bixby?
Bixby is a brand-new buddy in SONOFF smart home ecosystem, which allows you to have stuff done by your voice commands, also supports touch and tap. Similar to Siri for Apple, Bixby is a virtual assistant that is thought as Siri for Samsung, or you can think of it as a Samsung’s attempt to rival the likes of Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. While it has not got a huge success compared other three virtual assistants, it is still an indispensable helper for Samsung users, and has been pre-installed on their mobile phones. It can learn individual voice and then personalize the answer for you.
Furthermore, it has more customization features more than Siri. With Bixby, you can use voice commands to control your home appliances, bring up your favorite shows, turn down the screen brightness, check the weather, get reminders of meetings, launch the specific app, trigger on or off all of your devices in a time, and so on.
In this article, Bixby digital assistant is here introduced to control SONOFF smart devices. Let Bixby take care of everything for you.
What SONOFF devices is Bixby on?
Here’s a product list for SONOFF smart devices that work with Samsung Bixby:
How to set Bixby to control SONOFF devices?
Before getting started, two things you need to do is binding your eWeLink and SmartThing accounts so that your SONOFF devices on eWeLink are synced to your smartThings app, which makes Bixby will access your SONOFF devices via voice commands. If you want to use your voice to directly wake up Bixby without the need of pressing the Bixby key as a start, simple do based on the following guide.
- Go to the left side of your Samsung phone and press the Bixby key (under the volume key).
- From the Home Screen, tap the “Home key” icon at the lower-right corner.
- Access “How to use” and proceed to “How to talk to Bixby” introduction page.
- Tap “Set up voice wake-up”.
- From the Wake-up screen, toggle Wake with “Hi, Bixby” to “On”.
- Then tap “Start” to record your voice.
- After your voice is recorded, then you will see Bixby voice wake-up has been set up successfully. Here you can also adjust “Wake-up sensitivity” to Low, Medium and High level to adapt to your need.
- All setup is done. Now you can directly control SONOFF devices by “Hi Bixby, turn on …”.
What are Bixby routines?
Bixby Routine is a decent feature that makes you use a simple setup on your Samsung phone to automate different actions for your daily life. Working as IFTTT (If This, Then That), you are able to set up routines that are triggered according to the time, a location or event. For instance, you can configure a morning routine that SONOFF smart bulb will automatically turn on at a predetermined time. Plus, you can set a scene as the action to make it triggered based on any of the above three conditions in Bixby Routines.
Samsung leverages this skill to learn smarts to suggest routines according to your usage preferences on your mobile phone, saving your time and get your tasks done more efficiently.
How to set up Bixby Routineson the Samsung Galaxy to control SONOFF devices?
In this instance, I set up a routine that the light connected with SONOFF BASICR3 will automatically turn on when I wake up.
- Open “Setting” on your Samsung phone.
- Scroll down to reveal “Advanced features” and access.
- Toggle “Bixby Routines” to “On”.
- Select “Bixby Routines” to set up a routine.
- Select one from preset routines, or tap the “+” icon in the top right corner to set up.
- Tap “Next” to add an action.
- Select “Smart Folder” and then “On”, tap “Done”.
- Add a name for your routine and tap “Done”.
- The routine has been created successfully.
What’s more, you can also set a scene instead of a single device as the action in a routine, which the scene will be automatically triggered when the condition is carried out. If you want to trigger a scene in a routine, before this, you need firstly create a smart scene in SmartThings app.
Here it will be not shown about how to set up smart scenes, but here’s an overview of how you can get going:
That’s it. You can create more routines in the same way for other scenes, or simply select preset routines from the pre-existing tabs.